- The first Olympic Summer Games were held in Athens, in 1896. In those games, Greece won the most medals (47).
- The first opening ceremony of Olympic Games was held in London, England, when the country hosted the sporting event in the year 1908.
- The five Olympic rings represent the five major regions of the world - Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceana.
- Every national flag in the world includes one of the five colors of the Olympic rings, which are blue, yellow, black, green, and red.
- The 1960 Summer Games in Rome were the first Olympics to be covered by U.S. television. They were covered by CBS.
Inspired Bronze recently had the honor of creating the custom bronze John Henry “Pop” Lloyd Humanitarian Award presented to two extraordinary olympians, Donna deVarona and Olympic Gold Medalist and Kathy Kusner an Olympic Equestrian.